Rental Agreement Form
Brillion Nature Center – Facility Use Policy
General Use Policy
The BNC classroom is available for use by any pre-approved organization, non-profit or civic organization or individual members. The scheduling of the facility and supervision will be done by the Executive Director/Naturalist or designated representative.
· Advanced Payment of $100.00 is required in order to lock in a reservation.
· Half day rental – up to 4 hours = $100.00
· Full day rental –4 hours or more - $25/hour ($100.00 minimum)
· Overtime Charge – $35.00/hour (with a $35.00 minimum) will be charged if rental party stays beyond the agreed upon time frame due to set-up, clean-up or event taking longer than originally planned.
· $100.00 advance payment is non-refundable If event is cancelled with no notification.
1. The rental includes internal access to the classroom and bathrooms only. Offices and visitor center areas may be made available at the discretion of the facility supervisor.
2. All functions of set up/clean up must be completed during the agreed upon time frame or additional fees of $35.00/hour will be assessed.
3. Users of the facility shall indemnify and hold harmless the Brillion Nature Center from any and all damages, loss or liability of any kind whatsoever occasioned upon and/or within the Brillion Nature Center premises, or ways or walkways adjacent thereto, by reason of any injury to persons or property caused or alleged to be caused by any act or omission, neglect, or wrongdoing of the user or any representative, guest, or invitee of the user to the Brillion Nature Center premises.
4. In the event that property loss or damage is incurred during use or occupancy of the facilities, the amount of damage shall be determined by the Board of Directors. The user assumes monetary responsibility for this amount.
1. Report any building or equipment damage to the Brillion Nature Center Building Monitor on duty.
2. Make certain that only lawful activities will be conducted in the facility.
3. Supervision at all times and in all areas is the responsibility of the user. Minors (under 18 years of age) must have responsible people (21 years of age or over) present in all areas of use and at all times to supervise the activity.
4. All Brillion Nature Center facilities are smoke free, alcohol free, and drug-free. If an exception is pre-approved for the serving of alcohol, it cannot be sold without a liquor license or given to minors per WI Statue 176.01.
5. Decorations require the approval of the Brillion Nature Center Executive/Naturalist.
6. The Board of Directors is empowered to allow variances to this policy.
7. A Decorations Guidelines and Cleanup Checklist will be provided and followed.
Date (s) of Function ______________________ Time of Function ___________to______________
(Include time to set-up and clean-up.)
Type of Function ___________________________________ Estimated # of people _____________
Organization or Individual ____________________________________________________________
Contact Person _______________________________Contact Phone Number(s) _______________________________________
I have read and agree to all terms of this agreement as well as the Decorations Guidelines and Clean Up Responsibilities.
Signature (Rental Party) Date Signature (BNC Representative) Date
Agreement is subject to change anytime at the discretion of the BNC Board of Directors. Last approved/modified on 8/22/2017.
1. No helium balloons are allowed inside the nature center building.
2. No tape or pins on walls, windows or woodwork are allowed.
3. No decorations may be hung or attached to window blinds.
4. Brillion Nature Center provides tables and chairs only. Rental party must provide all decorations, table clothes, table skirts center pieces, and any other desired adornments.
Clean Up Responsibilities Checklist
The responsible party agrees to ensure that proper clean up of the facility is accomplished immediately after the use of the facility. The facility should be returned to the condition in which it was found prior to the use. Mops, brooms, dust pans, vacuum cleaner and garbage bags are available in the storage room and janitor’s closet. Clean up responsibilities include:
1. All garbage must be removed from premises.
2. Remove any table clothes and/or decorations from building and grounds.
3. Wipe off tables and chairs.
4. Fold up tables and chairs and return them neatly to storage area.
5. Sweep the floor – Refrain from sliding tables and chairs across floor.
6. Spot mop only if necessary (clean up any liquid spills).
7. Put all waste in trash containers. Please do not put liquids in garbage bags. Empty all cups/cans/bottles before disposing of in garbage or recycling containers. All trash must be removed from the property by the rental party.
8. Place only empty aluminum cans and plastic bottles in the recycling containers.
9. All leftover food and beverages must be removed from the building.
10. Externally, the grounds must be clean with all cigarette stubs, pop cans, food wrappers, napkins or other waste being picked up and placed in the appropriate waste container and removed from the property by the rental party.